How To Style Your Table Of Contents In A Sales Quote Document
The Table of Contents is a useful feature, particularly with sales quotes that contain multiple sections. To ensure brand consistency, the style of the Table of Contents (TOC) can be customised by adjusting fonts, colours, spacing etc.
Styling can be edited at a company-wide level by editing the Sales Quote Template, and also per individual sales quotes within the Sales Quote Editor; the below process is the same for either.
When in the Sales Quote Template Editor or the Sales Quote Editor, to view the Table of Contents section, firstly ensure the tab is visible. If it is currently hidden, toggle the switch on the TOC Tab. You will know if the section is hidden or not as it will be displayed with grey diagonal lines over it and it will not be able to be selected.
Once the TOC Tab is unhidden, select the TOC Tab to display the Table of Contents page.
The Table of Contents headings and page numbers are automatically generated by QuoteCloud, based on the tabs/sections and headings in the sales quote. The page numbers will appear as 'XX' while in editor mode as the page numbers can change as more content is added to the sales quote.
To edit the Table of Contents styling, hover of the TOC section and click on the Settings Cog that appears.
The Table of Contents Settings options will pop up. These settings are broken down in to the following tabs:
- Design Options - these are the settings for the entire TOC section
- Section Title - these are the settings for the top-level section titles for your sales quote
- Heading 1 - if 'Heading 1' is set as the 'Number of Levels to Show' setting, this is where you customise the style for the Headings 1
- Heading 2 - if 'Heading 2' is set as the 'Number of Levels to Show' setting, this is where you customise the style for the Headings 2
- Heading 3 - if 'Heading 3' is set as the 'Number of Levels to Show' setting, this is where you customise the style for the Headings 3
The Design Options tab is where you customise the look and feel of the entire section for the Table of Contents. Items that can be edited in this section are:
- Number of Levels to Show (whether you want the TOC to display only Section Titles, or deeper to Heading 1, 2, or 3)
- Row Height
- Border Color
- Border Style
- Background Color
The default for Table of Contents is to display only the Section Titles. To edit the style of the text, click on the Section Title tab and edit any of the below options:
- Font Family
- Font Style
- Font Size
- List Style
- Text Color Style
To ensure your image displays how you like, hover over the image and click the Settings Cog that appears.
As default, the text color style will be inherited from the company color default settings.
To adjust these, select the dropdown and choose Custom. This will bring up the color picker options.
Follow the same steps for the Heading 1, Heading 2, and Heading 3 tabs if required.
Ensure you click Save to keep your new settings.
You will now be able to see your style changes. Follow the same steps if you need to make any further edits.